Consultation on the rules and operational arrangements (2015)
The Asia Region Funds Passport Working Group (Australia, Korea, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand) prepared consultation paper to seek views from the public on the detailed rules and operational arrangements.
This followed the first passport consultation held in 2014. Following the first consultation period, the working group refined the arrangements, taking submissions into account. The submissions from the first consultation not marked confidential are available here.
The proposed detailed arrangements are now reflected in this consultation paper which contains:
- Feedback statement
- Annex 1: Host Economy Laws and Regulations, Annex 2: Common Regulatory Arrangements and Annex 3: Passport Rules
Consultation closed on 10 April 2015.
The passport working group received 23 formal submissions (including 6 confidential submissions):
- APEC Business Advisory Council/Asia-Pacific Financial Forum cover letter and submission
- Asia Pacific Real Estate Association
- CFA Societies Australia
- Chan & Goh LLP
- Deutsche Bank
- ICI Global
- JP Morgan Australia
- Orbis Investment Advisory Pty Limited
- Pitcher Partners
- Property Council of Australia