This statement applies to the Asia Region Funds Passport website only. This website is managed by the Australian Treasury.
If you visit our site to read or download information, we record the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address and associated country;
- Your top level domain name (for example .gov, .com, .edu, .org, .au, .nz etc);
- The pages you accessed and the documents you downloaded;
- The search terms you used;
- The date and time you visited the site;
- The previous site you visited;
- Your operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc)
- The type of browser you use (for example Internet Explorer).
We use Piwik to collect this information. Piwik is installed on our servers so the anonymous website usage data is not stored offshore.
We only use your personal information for the purposes for which you gave it to us. Your personal information will not be added to a mailing list or used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent.
We analyse non-identifiable, aggregated website traffic data to help us improve the structure and functionality of the website. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
We do not share information about you with other government agencies or organisations without your permission, unless it:
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- is required or authorised by law; or
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health.
All information is stored and archived for a period of at least 12 months and possibly up to 7 years, in line with our recordkeeping obligations.